Over the past month I’ve received some nominations to some cool WordPress Award, and with the latest one, I thought it was about time I wrote about it and gave thanks and pointed the finger at some very talented individuals whose writing entertains, educates and inspires me.
First of all, I’d like to thank V from the Verbal Spew Review for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award and the WordPress Family Award, as well as her recent help with my Seduction of Horror article and our almost daily conversations. Second, but not less important, I want to thank Kim, Craig & Phil from 1001-Up.com for their nomination for the Blog of the Year award. It’s an honor and I thank you for including me in your various activities, and if the stars align how I want them to, I’ll be over there next year to buy you all a pint.
Now, with the smooches out of the way, let’s get on with it!
Since I’ve already written a post about the Versatile Blogger Award, I’ll focus on the WordPress Family, and as V so aptly described, these blogs are Clan, some of you are the best friends I’ve never met, and the others I wish I could talk to you more often:
- Verbal Spew Review
- John Heatz
- The Archaeology of Tomb Raider
- The Dad Gentleman Geek
- The Otaku Judge
- Gamers Therapy
- Pew Pew Diaries
- Alternative Magazine Online
Now, let’s move on to the big award of the night, The Blog of the Year Award. It should come as no surprise who I’m nominating for this one. The following blogs have inspired me since I found them and started talking to them:
- 1001-Up.com: Too much awesomeness in one place. I admire how they cover so many things, from news, to previews, to the reviews for their 1001-game list. They even let me write a couple of stuff for them!
- Verbal Spew Review: V is amazing and I love reading what she writes, and she’s supported me and helped me bounce ideas for some of my stuff. I’m waiting for her narratives on Telltale’s The Walking Dead Season 2. Tá tú an chuid is fear, V. (if it doesn’t make sense, blame Google Translate!)
- John Heatz: John is a beast. I don’t know how he does it, how he’s always on the mark, getting news out there sometimes faster than the big sites, and at impossible hours. His dedication is inspirational.
- The Otaku Judge: The Judge is my kind of guy (or girl, I don’t know hahaha), he likes a lot of what I like and he reviews them for the rest of the world. If you ever get pangs for anime, hop over to his site and let him tell you what’s worth watching!
- The Archaeology of Tomb Raider: I still can’t believe how much I learn every time Kelly publishes something, be it about the cool TR or archaeology. I can’t count the times I’ve read something of hers and said “Wow, didn’t know that!”
So there you have it, my nominees, and my people. Congratulations to all of you, you deserve it and let’s hope for a bigger 2014 for all of us!