The awesome trio at 1001up.com have honored me with the nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award. This is my first nomination for anything on WordPress, so I’ll frame up this post somewhere in my room for when I need a pick me up…not really, but no matter what I’ll always see this one as the best of the bunch.
According to the site: “When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.
Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then”
There are also a few rules nominees must follow:
- You must thank the person who gave it to you, and include a link to their blog. (Done)
- You must then select fifteen blogs that you’ve recently discovered or regularly follow, and nominate them for the award (The easiest part)
- Finally, you must tell the person who nominate you seven things about yourself.
So, for the 1001up clan, here are 7 facts about myself:
- I own 3 cats: Leki, Kay & Ali (you can see the pics above and below)…and I do carry out conversations with them…I baby-talk to them once in a while (daily).
- I’m a software developer by trade but writer by heart…and I’d wish for nothing more than writing by trade as well.
- I’m a Nintendo loyalist, I’ve owned every piece of console/handheld so far, and I’m hoping to buy the WiiU as soon as I have the “liquidity” to do so.
- I read maybe too many novels a year, often buying 30 of them at a time…if you take me to a bookstore you need to drag me out or I’ll probably end up living there.
- I wrote a novel and I’m writing the 2nd one…and I have ideas for about 7 different series I want to write, but I don’t have enough time to, thanks to the day job (and blogging).
- I can sometimes be brutally honest…even to people I don’t know, and it gets me into trouble.
- I often make a horrible first impression, but the more you spend time with me, the more you love me.
As for my nominees, here they are:
- Poppycock Reviews
- The Otaku Judge
- Coco J Singer Says
- Hiking Photography
- Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews
- Pandora’s Box
- After Dark Gaming
- The Archaeology of Tomb Raider
- Caffeinated Neutral
- The Late Night Session
- What’s your Tag
- Beer & Joysticks
Before I go, once again I’d like to thank the awesome people at 1001up.com: Kim, Phil & Craig, for their nomination, it’s really amazing of you!
Oh, and I will have a video of being scared to death with Outlast…probably more than Kim was, I just need to set it up.
17 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award”
Ditto on the books thing – take Kim into a book-shop and you won’t get her out again.
Thanks Kevin. You guys have made my day with the noms. <3
Is your novel available for reading? I'd love to hear your series ideas too. 😀
When I said series, I meant novel series hahahaha
And no, my novel isn’t available…yet, but I’m hoping it’ll be in the not so distant future 🙂
Awesome. Can’t wait to read it so. 😀
Thank you so much!
Well I am a little late to the party but, A nomination! Huzzah!http://wp.me/p3TJsw-3c
Thanks so much for the nomination! I’ll try to post my own nominations and facts as soon as I get the chance. 🙂
PS. Cute kitties! 🙂
Congratulations! You most definitely earned it :]
Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this amazing site
needs a lot more attention. I’ll probably be returning
to read more, thanks for the information!
Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the other person’s blog link on your page at suitable place and other person will also do same in favor of you.