I know there haven’t been any new Bad Blood chapters in a little while, nor have there been any new pieces or character concepts for Summersalt. Hell, there haven’t been any new Writing Guide entries. I haven’t abandoned them, trust me I haven’t. But Extra Life was my first priority for a while.
They will be back soon but to make sure the quality is there while I’m working on several things at once, I’m going to do things differently now. Let’s go over each:
- Bad Blood: I’m still going to write this with the same challenge as before. Not much planning and very little editing, but to make sure the chapters come more frequently without overwhelming my already heavy workload, I’m going to write a few chapters at a time before I publish the first one. So, when it comes back in the next few weeks, there will be new ones every (other) week after that. I love writing Margo’s misadventures, but the lack of planning makes it difficult to leave and come back to it, so I have to work at it in bulk just to keep the ideas organised.
- Summersalt: The polls are officially closed! Thanks to everyone who voted. With your help, now I know what Summersalt’s world will be like and I just need to refine what I already have. But I’m not going to actively work on any of this until I get closer to the Bad Blood finale, at least not regularly. So you might see some stuff but don’t hold your breath.
- Writing Guide: I have a few in mind, but I’ve yet to put them on paper. I’m going to do it as soon as I have a handful of ideas to work with, so I can also give you constant and consistent content, the double C. Otherwise I risk falling into this same situation, where I don’t have anything new to share with you on the guides, fiction or anything else.
- Pilot Season: I have lots of writing projects, novels struggling to get my attention. I have other plans going on at the moment, some things I need to do before anything else in my life. Priority Red stuff. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to work on these projects. But I’m going to do it a bit differently than usual and I’m going to let you all pick for me. At some point in the coming months, I’ll post a few novel premises, simple excerpts. At the end, I’ll have you all vote for the one you like the most.
- Novel Reviews: I’m reading a few books right now. One of them I got for review purposes but with everything going on in my life in the past few months, it just became impossible to read and write about. That’s the next one to come, next week in fact. Other than that, I’m contacting a few people to do some guest reviews for me, to help you find that next novel you need. Some might even review comics for you.
- Contribution Fiction: The Attic’s always been open to guest articles but now I’m officially opening it to guest fiction. Be it a story, some poetry or just a collection of saucy limericks, contact me if you’d like to see it here. If you don’t feel comfortable writing under your own name, you can use our Contributor account or a pseudonym aka pen name.
As you can see, things are coming, it just might take a little while. I want this content to be the best it can so I’m going to take my time making sure that’s the case!